Monday, January 9, 2017

Chilli Overwintering Update



I posted last week on the progress of the chilies still alive and being kept inside the house.

That was "Inside the House> 3 Purple Jalapeños with lots of leaves on them,  2 Orange Habanero, a Red Manzano (some fruit still on!!), a Lemon Drop and a Hot Scotch"

So, at the weekend I checked on the numerous chilli plants left sitting in the greenhouses and most were at varous stages of expiration😃

Still alive and worth making an effort for are the following:
                                  Hotscotch
                                  Red Habanero
                                  Red Manzano
                                  Lemon drop
                                  Pasilla Bajio
                                  Chilaca
I cut them all back to varying degrees and took all leaves off them. These are all inside a mini blow-away in the greenhouse and I have put bubble wrap on the floor so they are all sitting on that.Weather is forecast to be colder later this week so let's see how they get on😏


Inside the garage upstairs there are a few clinging to life too, Again, I cut them all back and gave them some water. I wrapped the pots with clingfilm too..In the garage we have:
                                Semaroh (by 2)
                                Mila's Bulgarian
                                Antohi Romanian
                                Anaheim
                                Calfornian Wonder


We will see how all of the above get on; hopefully some make it through😼
I could bring them inside but as that won't always be an option, this is a bit of a "let's see what happens" trial....
                                 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tunnel July 2022